Thursday, October 16, 2008

Personal Assistant Needed

A: Because my brain has a tendency to block out painful memories.

B: I have no ability to say no, on my own accord without feeling the need to endlessly justify my cause. Which totally rules out the reason of, just don't wanna do it.

C:My scheduling style would put Supergirl in a tizzy.

Exibit A & B- I am doing an Edible Gifts demonstration/class for Super Saturday. This Saturday. I'm pretty sure I was sucked into this by reason of exhibit B. I have no idea what was announced as to the details of my class, I'm in the nursery on Sunday and we never get announcements. I do know that no money was collected to cover class expenses. I nearly pulled my sign up sheet and class from the roster. The room was full of ladies when I went in the first time and when it was empty again, there were 4 names on my sign up sheet. I could have pulled the plug then, but again B comes into action.

Then I was told that I could have budget money for my class if we would make enough to provide dessert for the luncheon. A ha, funding that didn't come from my empty pocket, a big +. I said okay.

I've been scrambling all week to figure out what we are going to do. I finally decided on doing something that could be demonstrated in class and then the class attendees would help make multiples for dessert. We'll also be focusing on presentation, so wrapping edibles for gift giving. That's my favorite part and class members will all get copies of the recipes as well.

Today I was talking to my friend Linda. She said she was really surprised that I would sign up to do this again. Again, I asked?? Yes, again. She reminded me that I'd done this once before, worked feverishly on preparing lots of time consuming treats and candies and then had all that work walk out in the pockets and piled on mini plates of women who had never paid for the class in the first place. I must've cried, but I really don't remember. I do remember that I had a class fee for that one and turned in receipts as it turned out to be a free for all.

I *just* asked a friend who attends RS and she said it was sold as a demonstration only and that WE (the demonstration attendees) would be providing dessert with our newly found skills. Hurray!

I need to learn to say no, and mean it and NOT feel guilty that I can't say yes to everything.
I need to learn from this and remember so I don't end up with a stress cold and horrible memories of Super Saturday. (I've yet to attend one that I wasn't in charge of a class at)
I need to find a realistic schedule and realize what doesn't fit, can't be done.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Alls I can say is "Bless Yo Haht"

The Weaver Family said...

Totally stole this from you. My personal blog is here: http://andreaweaver.blogspot.com/ :)

April said...

Hey! Just found your blog! I am clickin' on your jewelry link right now!