Sunday, June 22, 2008

Murphy's Law

And the misbehaving sewing machine, always seem to wreck my creative streak!!!

Friday night I had plans. Big plans for my sewing projects. I had 8 baby shirts to applique and sew. Then I would finish the wrap skirt I was making for myself and if I still had steam, I'd work on that baby sling and then make a necklace to wear with my new skirt on Sunday. And while I was at it, I'd do a load of laundry, run the dishwasher, listen to a book on tape and plan next week's dinner menu. And go up and do the Attic and go down and do the Cellar, I can do them both together Cinderella (or maybe it should be WonderWoman!) LOL. Sometimes I forget about the reality of time and the need for sleep.

I didn't get very far. The sewing machine must've felt like I do sometimes when I go 110% on the weight lifting after 4 weeks off. Exhausted, sore, and grouchy. It was all too much, too soon. I was forced to stop after outlining 3 more shirts. The sewing machine didn't have the patience to help me with the one thing I could actually wear. And I only completed one whole shirt. The others need another couple of stitches with another thread color. When they're done I'll have some nice baby gift starters, just watch another form of Murphy's Law will get me and all the people I'll need gifts for will have Boys.

No comments: