Monday, July 28, 2008

Fashion Police

They must smell fear. And they know where to find those needing 'assistance' because I came across this post, without even looking. Closet Clean-out for women in their 30's.

I'm not 30, yet. But it is so close. Some of the items on the list never existed in my closet, but those that have and still do are very many in number. It's time to kick them outta the closet. I can't help but feel guilty for sending them to DI, where someone just like me may pick them up as a cloak reflecting the mirage of teenagerdom.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

That was a fun read -- thanks! I've rid myself of most of my junky/label tees, most of my flip-flops (you know that had to a sacrifice when it happened) in the last couple of years. And those dresses (Jody dresses...ugh) -- what Mormon girl doesn't have 30 of those dresses? I keep a couple in my closet, but every time I put them on, I feel like a frump. Why don't I just throw them out?
I think once you have a few kids, you're 30 whether your birth certificate shows it or not - know what I mean? You just sort of have to take on that "mom" persona. And I don't think that's a bad thing.

TaLaisa said...

No, not bad at all. I do have one t-shirt that for now I refuse to part with. It isn't junkie but it is a faded supergirl t-shirt, a fav for working out. Who could wimp out while wearing that?!

Megan said...

I should do what that post recommends but ... I don't know. It just sounds so very painful!